Thursday, April 14, 2016

Open Educational Resources



I spend a lot of time in the air, literally and figuratively. My work supporting school districts takes me across the country on a regular basis, meeting with leaders who are interested in bringing Project Based Learning to their school or district. Although our first conversations relate to their vision for making an instructional shift, the conversation quickly turns to the all-important “when and how?” questions. What are the first steps? Who should be trained and when? How should they decide?
On my 3rd flight across the United States in the last eight days, the farm fields on the ground far below inspire me. The planning, hard work, reliable tools, and perseverance a good farmer has to have to bring the crop to harvest is a good analogy to the work leaders in districts need to do to ensure a good harvest of well-educated students....

No comments:

Post a Comment